The Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Human Resource Management (IOHRM) Program is an Interdisciplinary Master of Arts degree program offered by the Departments of Psychology and Management to prepare professionals for work in business, industry, and government.
The IOHRM Program at Appalachian State is the only cross-disciplinary I-O Psychology and Human Resource Management master's degree program in the nation.
The IOHRM program ties many I-O theories, methodologies, and practices to application in a business setting, placing emphasis on connecting the dots between psychology and business, while offering numerous opportunities for practical application throughout the program.
2nd in the Nation for Program Culture
- Collaboration and comaraderie among students
- Supportive and encouraging faculty
- Familial environment
3rd in the Nation for Program Resources
- Wealth of consulting, corporate, and academic knowledge and experience from eight dedicated IOHRM faculty
- Countless opportunities to apply classroom learning to projects and research outside the classroom
- Opportunity to add MBA in an additional summer session
- Engaging Alumni Mentor Program for students
7th in the Nation for Program Costs
- Competitive in-state and out-of-state tuition rates
- Numerous assistantship, grant, and scholarship opportunities
Rankings provided by Kraiger and Abalos, 2004: Rankings of Graduate Programs in I-O Psychology based on Student Rankings of Quality
The IOHRM program maintains strict adherance to SIOP's (Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology) guidelines for Master's level training in I-O Psychology.