Why IOHRM at App State?
Our students are heavily involved in a number of research and applied projects. Here are some of the ways you can get involved outside of the classroom.
- IOHRM students serve on the executive team and lead research on HR-related issues.
- Students help schedule, train, and coordinate the HR department for an on-campus coffee shop.
- As analytics continues to grow in HR importance, students have the opportunity to learn more about analytics and work with data on real projects.
- Students gain real-world experience during summer internships at various companies across the nation.
- Courses focus on the application of IOHRM principles and often include applied projects.
- IOHRM students are recognized for their involvement in a number of additional activities outside the classroom.
- Students and faculty collaborate on a conference that educates and inform safety employees, teams, and managers about the latest research in safety practices, including things like behavioral safety approaches to safety culture change.
Teach Undergraduate Courses
- Students act as graduate teaching assistants for undergraduate classes in both the Psychology and Management departments.
Professional Development Opportunities
Each year, students attend and present at a number of professional conferences and serve on the executive board for the App State SHRM Chapter.
Society for Human Resource Management, ASU Chapter
- The IOHRM program has eight full-time, dedicated, award-wining faculty
- Alumni interact with current students through the IOHRM Alumni Mentor Program and annual alumni events.
- The IOHRM program provides funding to assist students who present at regional and national conferences.